- Stay in Compliance with Government Regulations
- Reduce the Impact on Neighbors
- Provide a Healthier Work Environment
- A 100% Natural Solution
- Safe and Environmentally Friendly
- Keep Collection Systems Flowing
- Reduce Backups and Overflows
- Reduce or Eliminate Foul Odors in Drains and Wet Wells
- Reduce BOD, COD and TSS from Your Effluent Lines
- Reduce 90% or More of Volatile Solids from Wastewater Ponds and Wells
- Reduce the Need for Costly Mechanical Dredging and Haul Away
Managed by Madera County Resource Management Agency. The Bass Lake collection system wraps around the lake transporting the wastewater to the facility with a series of gravity lines and lift stations. Over the last thirty years, in an effort to avoid possible sanitary system overflows, several in-ground storage tanks were installed at the lift stations. The venting system for these tanks caused a bad odor problem, especially in the summer, and in many cases the complaints from local residents were in the hundreds of calls per month. A combination of MicrobeLift IND and Sludge-Away successfully reduced the odor problem, in addition to keeping the collection lines free flowing.
Prior to the addition of Microbe lift the TomaTek and the city of Firebaugh received hundreds of odor complaints during each seasonal run, which lasts 120 days, from July to October. Each year the ponds had to be drained and dredged to remove three to four feet of sludge made up of organics and sediment. Since the introduction of Microbe Lift in 2012 the odor complaints are minimal and the recent drainage of the ponds, three years later, for maintenance revealed less than one foot of sludge, mostly sediment. This equaled a substantial savings in dredging and disposal costs, in addition to the reduction in odor complaints.